Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fleetwing Trailer Manuals

veal kidneys with no scruples!



Recently at Peter of "As long as it tastes," I was laughed at a roast loin of veal. I had never cooked, let alone eaten. Had irritated me veal kidneys already.
led to large beef is now no chance, so it gave them pure, without scruples.

scrupulus from Latin = stones; unscrupulous: A pharmacist without scruples could not work exactly.
6 carat
1 / 24 ounce (about 1.25 g)
1 / 20 oz

At Apicius I read the entrails often with a few scruples -of anything- be seasoned.
Aha, it is therefore a unit of weight, learned something again.

First, I soaked them for 2 hours in cold water. The water I have changed twice.
Whether that was so right, I do not know, accurate record of it I have not found. Likewise, I learned
not or not clearly, if the fat must be removed or not. I leave it in it, fried it good. Maybe it is just that the taste sensor, who knows.

The connoisseurs recently had a cooking course with the topic, but inside there were no veal kidneys there. If you need it sometimes!

Ingredients:
  • 1 veal kidney of about 500 g
  • 4 potatoes
  • 1 kg spinach
  • butter
  • olive oil
  • rosemary
  • garlic
  • 2 small onions
  • creme fraiche
  • red
  • salt & pepper freshly grated nutmeg


There are very peculiar structure of these renal, but also very aesthetic, I think.


After soaking, I cut the kidneys into slices and fried them in butter / olive oil, put fresh rosemary to the pan seasoned with pepper and let them fry 2 minutes. I once saw at Vincent Klink .
to keep warm, I packed them in foil. In the time I sautéed onions in the same grease, poured a shot of red wine, reduced the fluid, a spoonful of creme fraiche and gave the now salted veal kidneys to again and served with hash browns and fresh Spinach. This severe winter spinach I deeply care about.



In the photo at the top you can see the remains of which we tasted the next day still.

Buon Appetito!

0 comments:

Post a Comment